Olive Oil for Hair
Modern research has shown that using olive oil to maintain your hair not only prevents hair loss over time but can also encourage new hair follicles to grow. So, is olive oil the answer to resolve your worries about more hair clogging up the shower drain while you are watch helplessly? You may not need go to drastic measures like surgery straight away to solve your hair problem straight away, given these new findings of the natural product, olive oil. Apart from helping to strengthen the hair, this amazing oil will also prevent the hair from breaking too.
Why is Olive Oil for Hair Beneficial?
Preventing Male Balding
Olive Oil for hair care can prevent baldness by regulating male hormones.
Olive oil can prove to be extremely beneficial for men who are struggling with male pattern baldness. Although there can be several other factors including genetics and uses of certain chemical substances, baldness in males is usually caused by a surplus amount of DHT (dihydrotestosterone), which is the hormone responsible for shrinking hair follicles.
This makes the hair become thinner over time, and the hair can eventually break off even before they are able to reach a visible length. However, the natural production of this hormone within our system can be slowed down significantly by olive oil when we apply it to our scalp. Consequently, olive oil for hair care can help to minimise hair loss to some extent caused by this cause of baldness.
Omega-6 and Omega-9 found in Olive Oil can boost you hairs volume.
Recent studies have proved that olive oil is accountable for strengthening our shafts of the hair and the hair follicles, thus preventing the hair from breaking off prematurely. When hair is conditioned properly by the natural fatty acids present in olive oil, the hair will not snap off and break but will only flex and bend under a similar pressure.
The omega-6 fatty acids naturally present in all olive oil will can also protect the hair from losing water in dry conditions. Our systems is not able to produce this omega-6 in a naturally, and so the only way to get omega-6 is from olive oil, which can be used to supplement this in our bodies. Omega-9 is another useful fatty acid, which is also present in olive oil. Omega-9 helps to make the hair more flexible as well as pliable. These conditioning and moisturizing effects of olive oil prevent the hair from breaking, and for this reason, olive oil is very effective when making your hair thicker and add volume.
A Healthy Scalp
Antioxidants in Olive Oil can keep your scalp healthy and dandruff free.
A healthy scalp is imperative for healthy hair growth and olive oil is a fantastic source of essential antioxidants, which encourage a healthy scalp along with healthy hair. It does not matter whether olive oil is consumed or applied directly to the epidermis, but olive oil is accountable for preventing damage to our scalp to a great extent.
In fact, application olive oil will aid in preventing various conditions such as fungus, dandruff, and other scalp conditions that might trigger dry and flaking skin. These conditions can clog up the hair follicles and consequently it is important to consume or apply olive oil on a regular basis to prevent them. Moreover, there will be enhanced blood circulation throughout the scalp by massaging the olive oil properly, which will lead to the hair follicles becoming stimulated, which will cause you to develop thicker and stronger hair strands.
How to use Olive Oil for Hair Treatment
Firstly, make sure not to pour an excessive amount of olive oil on your head, since although olive oil is great for our hair it can make the hair appear too oily. If you do use too much olive oil, you can counteract any excess application of olive oil by applying shampoo to your hair. The most effective way to apply olive oil to your hair is to prepare hair tonic recipes which are usually made from 100% natural ingredients. In fact if you only use olive oil without any other ingredients, you only need to apply only a small amount on your hair. Gently massaging the oil into the scalp is the best since it will provide additional benefits by stimulating the hair follicles and enhancing blood circulation in the head.
Below, we have provided a couple of fantastic olive oil recipes which you can try on your hair to stimulate hair growth and provide you with a thicker fuller head of hair.
Simple Olive Oil Treatment for Hair Development
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 heat-proof ceramic or glass dish
Damp towel or shower cap
The Treatment Method
1. Pour the oil into the dish after measuring it properly and then it heat up for several seconds in the microwave. It is important to ensure that the olive oil is only warm and not hot.
2. Following this, slowly rub the oil over the scalp applying with your hands. Do this for several minutes so that the olive oil becomes spread out evenly over your scalp.
3. Use a shower cap or damp towel to wrap your hair.
4. Leave it like that for a couple of hours after setting a timer. The towel should be removed once the timer goes off.
5. After, washing your hair with shampoo, rinse off properly.
6. Do not apply any conditioner, and make sure to repeat this treatment every 3 or 4 to maintain the benefits.
Avocado and Olive Oil Hair Treatment
Half an avocado
1 teaspoon of olive oil
1 small container
Shower cap or damp towel
The Treatment Method
1. Blend the avocado with the olive oil in a small container
2. Use your fingers to run the mixture over your scalp.
3. Use a shower cap or damp towel to wrap your head properly.
4. Remove the towel after approximately half an hour.
5. Rinse off your hair using water, and then apply some shampoo while washing your hair in the usual way.
6. Refrain from using any conditioner, and then dry and style the hair normally.
7. This treatment should be performed at least thrice every week.
Olive Oil Hair Treatment for Longer and Stronger Hair
If you would like to have longer, stronger and healthier hair, the subsequent olive oil treatment will be able to assist you. This treatment combines olive oil with the incredibly rich vitamins, proteins, and nutritious fatty acids derived from egg yolk. This will help to strengthen your hair follicles and hair shafts. It will likewise strengthen and soften your hair while exfoliating and bringing out the natural colour of the hair.
2 teaspoons of olive oil
2 egg yolks
Half a cup of cold water
1 small container
The Treatment Method
1. Start with mixing a couple of egg yolks along with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
2. After, dilute the mixture with half cup of cold water.
3. Now apply the mixture to the scalp and massage slowly.
4. Allow it to sit like that for approximately 20 minutes.
5. Then rinse your hair, take care to rinse your hair properly.
6. You do not have to apply shampoo, but you may if you wish to.
7. This treatment should be performed once every other week.
Olive Oil Treatment to Combat a Dry Scalp and Flaking
A variety of things can lead to a drying and flaking scalp including inadequate diet, such as not receiving sufficient quantities of the essential vitamins. Climatic conditions, stress, and so on can also affect the health of your scalp. This recipe consists of lemon juice mixed with olive oil. This treatment get rid of the loose and dry flakes from your scalp thanks to the acidity present in the lemon juice, while the skin on the scalp will be moisturised by the olive oil.
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of water
The Treatment Method
1. Begin by combining 2 tablespoons of lemon juice along with 2 tablespoons of olive oil plus 2 tablespoons of water.
2. After, massage the blend into your scalp, let it sit like that for approximately 30 minutes.
3. Then rinse thoroughly and shampoo your hair.
4. This treatment should be applied every other week so as to get the best results.
Olive Oil Treatment for Damaged Hair
Most of us will have to confront at some point or other in our lives, dry and frizzy hair. This could be the result of exposure to the sun’s rays in summer, or the opposite in winter where there is an absence of humidity during these cold months. However, there is no need to head to the beauty parlour to get this treated, and you can easily do this by visiting your kitchen cabinet at home using olive oil for hair care.
Bottle of Olive Oil
Shower Cap (Optional)
The Treatment Method
1. Start the treatment by safeguarding your clothing with a towel, draping it around your shoulders.
2. After combing your hair carefully, pour 1 teaspoon of olive oil into your palm.
3. Apply the olive oil to your hair and massage the strands meticulously. Focus on small areas, one at any given time, while applying the olive oil to the entire head and stopping approximately 1 inch from the scalp.
4. Use a hair dryer on your hair to allow the olive oil to penetrate. Hold the blow dryer approximately 8 inches from the head. Do this for several minutes.
5. Following this, leave the olive oil on the hair. The length of time you need to leave the olive oil will depend on the extent of damage to your hair. If your hair is only slightly fry, you may only have to leave it for 45 minutes; but, you might have to leave it for 2 hours if your hair is severely damaged. In some cases, you might even want to leave the olive oil on your hair overnight after covering your hair using a shower cap.
6. Once the olive oil has entered your hair comprehensively, take care to remove all the olive oil from the hair by shampooing and rinsing properly.
There is no doubt about the fact that olive oil does play a major role when it comes to prevention of hair loss and stimulation of new hair growth. Olive oil can help to prevent the production of hormones which can lead to hair loss and moreover, olive oil is also an extremely powerful conditioner too.
If in case you do not like to make your own olive oil rinse, conditioner or shampoo, there is no need to worry. There are lots of amazing products based on olive oil on the market which can do the job for you as well.